Everychild Family Housing
Everychild Family Housing provides housing services for homeless families that are built on the belief that homelessness ends when the family is provided with critical services and support that empower them to maintain permanent affordable housing. The Whole Child provides community based housing to immediately end homelessness and stabilize the family as well as mental health services, job training and placement, money management, and life skills to promote long-term success and housing permanency.
To be eligible for any service through Everychild Family Housing, a family seeking assistance:
- Must be a family with dependent children.
- Must be facing a housing crisis.
Because The Whole Child connects families with the most appropriate resource for which they are eligible, there may be additional eligibility criteria which the family may be required to meet.
Please be sure to bring the following when you meet with our Case Managers:
- Valid current California picture identification (CA ID, CA License, US Passport)
- Proof of Income
- Proof of Homelessness (Eviction Notice, DPSS Motel Assistance, etc.)
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
To Apply or For More Information
Call The Whole Child’s Everychild Family Housing at (562) 204-0640 to schedule an appointment to speak to a Housing Case Manager. Our Case Managers are bi-lingual in English and Spanish.
Please note that there is an intake process, but that someone from Everychild Family Housing will return any messages within 72 hours (3 days).
Homeless families seeking help can also call 2-1-1 LA County, the County information and referral line.
After calling 2-1-1, families are referred to their closest Regional Family Solutions Center (FSC), where they are assessed by staff and begin the process of accessing services. FSC staff works to place families in programs located within their communities.
About 211 LA County
211 LA County is Los Angeles County’s information and referral service, offering confidential services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in English, Spanish and over 140 more languages. Services are also available to individuals with hearing impairments.
Everychild Family Housing’s goal is to end homelessness by stabilizing families with subsidized community-based housing, case management, counseling, life skills education and connections to social services needed for long-term success in permanent housing. To achieve this goal, Everychild Family Housing at The Whole Child provides the following services:
- Standardized Assessment & Interventions for Rapid Re-Housing and/or Prevention
- Coordinated Individual Service Plan for Supportive Housing
- Connection to Crisis Housing
- Connection to Community-Based Supportive Services
- Child Care
- Legal Services
- Physical Health Services
- Education and Vocational Training
- Housing Search and Placement
- Financial Assistance for Rapid Re-Housing
- Job Development and Placement
- Money Management and/or Budget Planning