Human Resources Associate
The Whole Child is actively recruiting for a Human Resources Associate
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE: Under general direction of the Director of Human Resources, the HR Associate will perform a variety of clerical functions in support of the Human Resources department; has extensive dealings with the staff and hiring managers.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Facilitate all aspects of employee information, help maintain accurate records, coordinate and conduct on-boarding sessions, produce offer letters for new hires, rehires and changes.
- Coordinate scheduling of new hires for on-boarding; communicate to new hires what items are needed from them upon hire.
- Conduct I9 employment verifications for all potential new hires and collect relevant documentation.
- Input and ensure timely transmission of new and rehire employee data, resignations and terminations within our payroll system.
- Provide payroll with pay change information in a timely manner; assist payroll to help resolve pay discrepancies regarding changes (pay rate/salary, job title, benefit deductions, etc.) processed into payroll system.
- Receives and responds to mail and telephone inquiries regarding particular employee employment status, earnings, etc.
- Interact daily with people over the telephone and face-to-face and will be required to provide prompt, courteous service, responses to inquiries, etc.
- Assist with posting jobs on YPI website as well as outside recruiting sites, track all postings.
- Reviews forms for appropriate required information, format and approval signatures.
- Maintain personnel files according to federal and state compliance guidelines.
- Must be diligent with following-up with all prospective new hires and rehires.
- Responsible for updating and preparing new hire packets when needed.
- Prepare offer letters in advance and issue to new hires, rehires and changes.
- Work closely with fellow department staff, hiring managers, etc.
- Process employee files (hardcopy and electronic).
- Assist with badge preparation.
- Performs filing duties daily.
- Audit employee files.
- Handle other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least one year of progressively responsible clerical experience in an HR Department.
- Record-keeping experience
- Previous nonprofit experience a plus
- Experience with HRIS systems
- General knowledge of various employment laws and HR practices
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment; record-keeping techniques; operation of a computer and assigned database and software systems (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills; must be comfortable delivering presentations to small or large groups
- Telephone techniques and etiquette
- Proper English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary
- Strong interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy at all times
- Excellent data entry skills, accuracy
- Ability to clearly explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Maintain high level of discretion/confidentiality; maintain records and prepare reports
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
- Plan and organize work; ability to perform many tasks at once, prioritize, manage deadline-driven projects, be detail-oriented, highly organized
- Ability to travel between various office locations as needed
- Ability to interact with all levels of management and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Must be committed to the mission of the organization
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Must have access to reliable transportation for some travel between sites. If applicable, will be required to provide proof of current California driver license, acceptable driving record and liability auto insurance.
WHAT WE OFFER:
A competitive salary and an above average benefits package:
- Medical* plan choice of HMO plans or PPO plan
- Dental* plan choice of HMO or PPO
- Vision Plan
- 401K – $ for $ match up to 4%
- Supplemental Insurances
- Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 12 Holidays
- PTO of 15 days per year that increases per policy
*HMO plans are at no cost to the employee
The Whole Child is an equal employment opportunity employer and no candidate for employment will be rejected on account of race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, or sex. Candidates with physical impairments will be considered so long as it can be reasonably demonstrated that the duties and responsibilities can be effectively performed without hazard to the individual, fellow employees, or clientele.