Bilingual Therapist (English/Spanish)
The Whole Child is actively recruiting for a Bilingual Therapist (English/Spanish)
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY: Positions allocable to this class are assigned to various services offered by our mental health agency, and work directly under a Program Director. As needed, a clinical supervisor other than the Program Director may be involved in providing clinical supervision per California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Within agency guidelines and professional standards, incumbents of the positions receive weekly clinical supervision by a licensed master level therapist and or a licensed psychologist (PhD/PsyD). The master level therapist promotes a strengths based approach to treatment that empowers families, supports a community based philosophy of service, and ensures that all clinical services are aligned with the agency’s mission, vision, and core values.
- Interviews individuals and/or their families to obtain a family, medical, and mental health treatment history.
- Makes an assessment of the patient’s functioning in his/her environmental setting.
- Meets agency’s productivity standards for client service hours.
- Completes and submits clinical documentation in a 24-hour time frame utilizing the agency’s electronic health record system (EXYM).
- Establishes a treatment plan designed to address the mental, emotional, and behavioral needs of the client and family. The treatment plan may include individual, group, family or conjoint therapy, and/or referral to another treatment source such as a psychologist for psychological testing or a psychiatrist for medication or another agency that offers specific services needed by the client and family.
- Provides psychotherapy to individuals, groups, families, and significant others.
- Provides mental health services in the community including but not limited to school, home, and office settings.
- Provides crisis intervention and evaluates for a higher level of care such as inpatient psychiatric treatment.
- Provides psycho education to clients and families regarding mental health needs and treatment recommendations.
- Participates in multidisciplinary treatment review meetings to discuss and evaluate the client’s progress.
- May participate in social work or psychology student affiliate programs for training professional social work and psychology students.
- Provides consultation services to community agencies to advise the consultee on the utilization of mental health services pertinent to the recognition and treatment of mental health needs dealt with by the community agency.
A Master’s degree from an accredited school of social work or psychology program, including supervised field work experience in child/adolescent mental health. Registered with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences as an ASW or RA MFT.
MSW student internship or psychology student trainee experience in a recognized social service agency, clinic, hospital or public health agency. One year must have been in a mental health setting such as a hospital, clinic, or day treatment center. One additional year of the required experience will be accepted for the supervised fieldwork.
Bilingual in Spanish preferred- bilingual stipend pay is offered
Job Type: Full-time
What we offer:
A competitive salary and an above average benefits package:
- Medical* plan choice of HMO plans or PPO plan
- Dental* plan choice of HMO or PPO
- Vision Plan
- 401K – $ for $ match up to 4%
- Supplemental Insurances
- Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 12 Holidays
- PTO of 15 days per year that increases per policy
*HMO plans are at no cost to the employee