Administrative Team Assistant
The Whole Child envisions a society that embraces children as its most precious resource and that is actively committed to their safety, emotional well-being and ability to thrive at home, school and play. Through our mental health, housing, nutrition and parent enrichment programs we empower families to create nurturing environments that give children of all ages the skills, support and security they need to build emotionally healthy lives and become caring, responsible adults.
We believe that not only does every child matter but, every aspect of the child matters – the whole child. Our commitment to children extends to the entire family unit, whom we empower to create nurturing families.
Throughout our 60-year history, The Whole Child has been a leading advocate on behalf of high-risk children, innovating and expanding best practices, raising awareness, and aligning systems to benefit children and their families. Today The Whole Child delivers an array of comprehensive services to over 9,000 children and their families annually at six locations. We focus on low-income families with children ages 0-21 years old in high-risk communities throughout Southeastern Los Angeles County (SPA 7). The Whole Child not only serves the direct needs of the community, but also uses its influence and resources to advocate for social inclusion and equity for all children and families in southern California.
About the role:
The Administrative Assistant will support our Chief Executive Officer, Communications Manager, and occasionally our Director of Development & Donor Relations. The ideal individual will demonstrate a positive and resourceful approach to problem solving, ability to manage complexity with deadlines, ability to maintain confidentiality, and exceptional communication skills, both written and oral.
We want to hear from you if you:
- Care about our mission
- Want to be part of Administration and Communications team
- Are highly organized, can multi-task and pursue many projects in parallel
- Have strong attention to detail
- Can work as a team member with minimal supervision
- Have solid written, oral communications skills and excellent phone manner
- Are a quick learner and are proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Essential Job Functions:
- For our CEO:
- Manages calendar and appointments
- Coordinates meetings with various community members
- Protects sensitive data by keeping information confidential
- Support all activities and events of the organization’s Board of Directors
- Takes meeting minutes
- Assist with projects as needed
- For Communications Manager:
- Support the social media campaigns, community outreach campaign and employee engagement campaign to tell our story
- Assist with coordinating the activity of multi-functional teams within the organization
- For our Director of Development and Donor Relations:
- Responsible for compiling and sorting information relating to donor records, TWC’s history, promotional materials, etc.
- Assist in maintaining donor database and acknowledgment process
- Provide support at fundraising events as needed